Square Enix has released the next instalment for their Final Fantasy franchise called Final Fantasy IV: The After Years onto Google Play. As the name suggests, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years takes place 17 years after the original Final Fantasy IV game. Many of the original cast members of Final Fantasy IV make a return in this game as well as a lot of the NPCs from the SNES version become playable characters.
The After Years Features:
- Ten Playable Tales: Begin your journey with “Ceodore’s Tale.” Complete it to unlock the tales of six additional characters, which can be played in any order, and then return to the core story with “Kain’s Tale,” “The Lunarian’s Tale,” and “The Crystals.” A total of ten tales in all, and all contained in FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS.
- Active Time Battle: Take control of exhilarating combat made possible by the non-stop action in Square Enix’s iconic battle system.
- Lunar Phases: Feel the moon’s presence in combat, as its waxing and waning influences the potency of attacks and abilities of all combatants. Lunar phases cycle naturally with the passage of in-game time, or when resting at an inn, tent, or cottage.
- Band Abilities: Combine the strength of your party members to awesome effect with Band abilities that can be unlocked through in-game events or by leveling your characters’ Affinity.
- Minimap: Keep an eye on your current location and nearby surroundings, or tap for quick access to the world map.
- Google Play Game Support: Step up to meet all-new challenges offered by dozens of achievements.
The After Years is available from Google Play for £10.99