Gareth takes a look at the RAVPower FileHub a Wireless SD Flash Card Reader, USB Storage Media Sharing, NAS File Server, power bank, Wi-Fi portable hotspot device. This new pocketable device is available from Amazon for £29.99 and manages to not only improve on the basic portable power source but add in some pretty neat hardware features to reduce the contents of your gadget bag. Check the video to see what it’s all about.
A FileHub is a revolutionary device that you can use to:
- Transfer files (photos, movies or videos) between your SD card/USB Portable Hard Disk Drive and your Kindle Fire, Android/iOS smartphones and tablets
- Transfer files between your iOS and android devices
- Move files (photos/Movies/Music) from your mobile device to SD card / USB HDD / Flash Disk
- A built-in 3000 mah power bank that you can use to charge your mobile devices.
Portable WLAN Hot Spot – Bypass your internet access to your existing Wi-Fi router,so you may access any data in the SD or HDD while surfing the internet simultaneously.(Allow 5 maximum connections at the same time for data sharing,or connecting to the internet service.
- CPU: Ralink RT 5350 MIPS24KEc 350 MHz
- WiFi Frequency : 2.4 GHZ Speed: 72Mbps at 20Mhz / 150 Mbps at 40MHZ
- External Battery Pack : 3000 mah 1.5A Max Input 1A Output
- SD Card Speed: Read: 3MB/S Write: 3.5MB/S
- USB Interface: Micro USB 2.0
- Please download AirStor app or Solid Explorer first from iOS or Android app store.(You can also manage filehub by ES File Explorer (Android)/ File Browser (IOS) )
- You have to connect the filehub with your existing Wi-Fi router to have internet service.
- RP-WD01 only support hard drives with DOS/Windows format.
- Due to the limitation of Apple iOS system, you can not open the folder in your iPad, so you cannot copy it out to your external storage devices.