Sony announced three new Android devices at Mobile World Congress this week. The Xperia U and Xperia P are coming in Q2 this year but the flagship Xperia S has gone on sale in Barcelona already. We have been lucky to get a non retail one from Sony nice and early so if you are interested in the Xperia S you can view the main features in our video.
Currently running Android 2.3 we are promised an update to 4.0 very soon. The Xperia S is packed with some great specs including a 12 mega pixel camera, full HD video recording, 32GB of internal storage all powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core processor.
The HD 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine is absolutely stunning for watching video and viewing pictures and as the Xperia S comes with a HDMI cable you can replicate that quality on your TV.
You can see the unboxing video below and we will of course have a full review in due course.
- 4.3 inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
- HD resolution screen (1280 × 720)
- Front (720p) and back (1080p) cameras for HD recording
- 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- 32GB flash storage
- 12MP back camera
- Sony Exmor RT for mobile
- Fastest Capture to take shots in just 1.5 seconds directly from standby mode
- NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags
- With HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and using BRAVIA Sync for controlling your Xperia S with your TV remote control when connected to the TV
Posted by: James