There was talk months ago about Samsung releasing a few different variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4. A tough and rugged one that could accompany you on adventure holidays or onto the building site. A larger, almost dedicated camera version. And finally a higher quality version as many have given the majority of Samsung’s flack for their all plastic construction.
The recently release of the Galaxy Gear with it’s impressive steel construction has gotten some rumours going that the S5 might be of metal construction. Instead we see that the Samsung Galaxy J is being launch in Taiwan. Additionally the phone has 4G LTE-A technology inside it.
Here are the features we could dig as it is essentially the same as and S4
- Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches
- Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- RAM 3 GB
- Primary camera 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels
- Secondary camera 2 MP,1080p@30fps
- Works on 2G, 3G and 4G networks
- Android OS, v4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.4 KitKat
- Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery
Can we hope to see a new phase in the approach Samsung takes to their mobiles? Quality hardware, inside quality bodies – at a premium?