Prior to the Samsung Galaxy Camera arriving with me I wasn’t particularly excited by it. Not because it wouldn’t be a great camera but I just couldn’t see the point of it running Android. After using it for a few hours I soon changed my mind. It won’t be for everyone, but there certainly are some benefits to having data access from within the camera.
Below you can see a quick unboxing and we will follow up with a review in the next few weeks. I wonder if I will continue to love the Galaxy Camera or not. Or is it worthy of its price tag which is £420 including VAT?
Thanks to Clove for the review unit.
- Image Sensor: 16.3 effective megapixel 1/2.3" BSI CMOS
- Lens: F2.8, 23 mm, 21x Optical Zoom Lens
- IS: OIS
- Display: 121.2 mm (4.77"), 308 ppi, HD Super Clear Touch Display
- ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Network: 4G, 3G (HSPA+ 21Mbps): 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-Core processor
- OS: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Memory: 8GB + memory slot : micro SDSC, micro SDHC, micro SDXC
- Image: JPEG format 16M, 14M, 12M Wide, 10M, 5M, 3M, 2M Wide, 1M
- Video: MP4 (Video: MPEG4, AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC); Full HD 1920×1080 30fps; Slow motion Movie 720×480 120fps
- Video Output: HDMI 1.4
- Value-added Features: Smart Pro : 10 modes (Macro, Rich Tone, Action Freeze, Waterfall Trace, Light Trace, Beautiful Sunset, Blue Sky, Natural Green, Silhouette, Vivid Fireworks); Share shot, Auto Cloud Back-up; Smart Content Manager, Photo Wizard, Movie Wizard; Voice Control, Slow Motion Video, S Planner, S Suggest; AllShare Play, Family Story, Drop box
- Google Mobile Services: Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk,Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads, Google Chrome browser, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies
- GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n, WiFi HT40; GPS/GLONASS; Bluetooth® 4.0
- Battery: 1,650 mAh
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 128.7 x 70.8 x 19.1 mm
- Weight: 305g
Posted by: James