This is NOT your average unboxing video!
I’ve been trying to get my hands on the Nokia N900 for a while now, many of you have emailed me asking for a review or asking questions about the N900 so we’ve been bugging Nokia for a review model almost daily!
About a week ago I had an email from Nokia asking if I would like to try out one of their new handsets, but the catch was that they were unable to tell me which one they were going to send me! Not a problem I said, we’ll take a look anyway.
The Nokia N900
So a few days ago this large, heavy black plastic cube turned up in the office. There were no instructions, no list of contents, just a USB to MiniUSB cable supplied. There was no obvious way to open the box – a little puzzle! 🙂
So first of all we connected the box up to a PC with the USB cable to see what would happen, when Windows reported that it was installing drivers for a USB to Serial bridge and added a serial device on COM4 I thought it would be a good idea to start a terminal connection to it and, well watch the video below to see what happened next.
Nokia N900 specification:
- Dimensions: 110.9 x 59.8 x 19.55 millimetres
- Mass: 181 grams (battery included)
- 600 MHz Texas Instruments OMAP 3430 CPU
- 256MB RAM / 768MB ROM
- 32GB internal storage
- 3.5″ colour transflective TFT 800 x 480 pixels
- Bluetooth 2.1 with EDR and A2DP
- WiFi – 802.11b/g
- Infrared Gate
- Nokia Internet Tablet OS Maemo 5.0
- Video output
- 3.5mm headphone connector
- Quad-band GSM and Tri-band HSDPA/3G
- FM radio (87.5-108MHz) with RDS
- Built in GPS and Nokia Maps
- 5 Megapixel auto-focus camera and dual-LED flash
- 0.3MP forward-facing camera for video calling
- 1320 mAh battery
Posted by: Matt