With so many Android tablets on the market at the moment it can be hard to make a choice between them and with various sizes, various prices and various manufacturers it has become a bit of a mine field.
When making a choice, many consumers will opt for the brands that they recognise but all too often this can result in having to pay premium prices. That doesn’t have to be the case though and perhaps with the Lenovo ideatab range there is something of a compromise to be found.
Lenovo have a great reputation in the PC market and not too long ago set their sites more firmly on the consumer market. There are now a few tablets in the Lenovo range and we’ll be taking a look at them all over the coming weeks.
We’re starting here with our Lenovo ideatab A3000 unboxing video, where we look at what’s included with the tablet, tour around the hardware and demo some of the features of the device.
The A3000 that we have for review is the WiFi only version. This has a 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, 1GB ram, 4GB rom and 7-inch 1024×600 display. There’s also a 3G version available and even a dual-sim model too.
So check out our unboxing below and we’ll have the review for you soon as well.
Lenovo ideatab A3000 specification:
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 (optional)
- 3G Network: HSDPA (optional)
- SIM: Yes (optional), Dual SIM (optional)
- Dimensions: 194 x 120 x 11 mm (7.64 x 4.72 x 0.43 in)
- Weight: 339 g (11.96 oz)
- Display: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 600 x 1024 pixels, 7.0 inches (~170 ppi pixel density)
- Loudspeaker with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Memory Card slot microSD, up to 64 GB
- Internal 16 GB, 1 GB RAM
- WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.0
- microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592х1936 pixels, autofocus, Geo-tagging, 1080p@30fps video
- Secondary Camera: VGA
- OS: Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Chipset MTK 8125
- CPU: Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7
- GPU: PowerVR SGX544
- GPS with A-GPS support
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh