Recently Amazon announced it would be launching the Kindle Fire HDX in the UK. Available in a couple of different flavours, 16/32/64GB and either WiFi or 4G at different price points Amazon hope to capture the market with low cost and high specs. Check out the Press Release below:
Powerhouse Tablets Built for Work and Play All-new Kindle Fire HDX — stunning new 7” or 8.9” HDX display, quad-core 2.2 GHz processor with 3x the processing power, 2x more memory, 11 hours of battery life, and dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio.
New HDX display goes beyond HD — exceptional pixel density, perfect 100% sRGB colour accuracy, reduced glare, dynamic image contrast and improved brightness for the best viewing experience, indoors or out Powerful quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor running at 2.2 GHz delivers over 3x the processing power for fast and fluid performance — the only tablets with a processor over 2 GHz. Both HDX 7” and 8.9” available with 3G and 4G LTE connectivity from Vodafone
Lightest large-screen tablet — Kindle Fire HDX 8.9” is astonishingly light at 374 grams.
Introducing the Mayday button — revolutionary on-device tech support — free, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Stay connected and productive with updated e-mail, calendar and Silk browser, plus seamless integration with Facebook and Twitter; enterprise-ready with support for encryption, Kerberos Intranet, secure Wi-Fi connections and VPN integration
Kindle FreeTime gives parents a simple, engaging way to manage the way children use Kindle Fire — parents select content and set time limits by content type — coming soon.
Luxembourg—16 October 2013—Today, Amazon announced that the all-new Kindle Fire HDX is now available for customers in the UK. The Kindle Fire HDX tablets combine groundbreaking hardware, the latest version of Fire OS and new features and services such as Kindle FreeTime, expanded X-Ray for films and TV, and the revolutionary new Mayday button. Learn more about the new Kindle Fire HDX family at www.amazon.co.uk/hdx.
The new Kindle Fire HDX family features:
- Stunning exclusive HDX display — beyond HD with exceptional pixel density (323 ppi for 7”, 339 ppi for 8.9”), perfect 100% sRGB colour accuracy, reduced glare, dynamic image contrast and improved brightness for better viewing under any lighting conditions.
- Powerful quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor running at 2.2 GHz provides over 3x the processing power compared with the previous generation, plus the latest graphics engine and 2x more memory for fast and fluid performance. These are the only tablets with a processor over 2 GHz.
- Astonishingly light design — at just 374 grams, the 8.9” Kindle Fire HDX is the lightest large-
screen tablet, 34% lighter than the previous generation.
- Powered by the latest version of Fire OS — Fire OS 3.0 “Mojito” — with hundreds of new and upgraded features, platform updates and Amazon-exclusive services.
- New Mayday button delivers revolutionary, live tech support — one tap connects you to an Amazon expert who can guide you remotely through any feature — 24/7, 365 days a year, and free of charge. 15 seconds or less is the Mayday response time goal.
- Kindle FreeTime extends parental controls to give parents a simple, engaging way to manage the way children use Kindle Fire — parents select content and set time limits by content type.
- Watch thousands of films and TV shows with LOVEFiLM, Europe’s leading film subscription service. Expanded X-Ray for films and TV, adding trivia, character backstories and soundtrack information.
- All-day battery life — up to 11 hours of mixed use and 17 hours of reading.
- Updated e-mail, calendar and Silk browser to stay connected and productive.
- New enterprise features including hardware and software encryption, Kerberos Intranet, secure
- Wi-Fi connections, VPN integration and wireless printing.
- Both HDX 7” and 8.9” are available with 3G and ultra-fast 4G LTE, available from Vodafone. Kindle Fire HDX offers you an optional promotional bundle for just £25. This includes 5 GB of data, 20 GB of Amazon Cloud storage and £5 credit for the Amazon Appstore.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio and virtual 5.1 multi-channel surround sound — the standard in high-end audio.
- Front-facing HD camera makes it easy to stay in touch with Skype, plus a new 8 megapixel wide-aperture rear-facing camera on the 8.9” Fire HDX offers crisp photos and 1080p HD video.
- Full integration with the world’s best content ecosystem — over 27 million films, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books, audiobooks and magazines.
- New Origami covers feature an innovative design that allows you to position Fire HDX in both portrait and landscape mode.