Although it was only announced a few months ago at MWC, it feels like I’ve been waiting ages to get my hands on the HTC Touch Diamond2. I guess I must just be impatient to replace my original Diamond!
The HTC Touch Diamond2
Yesterday I managed to get my hands on a pre-release version of the Diamond2 which I’m going to use to start off my review of the handset. This pre-release unit is final hardware but there will be a few more tweaks to the ROM before the final version goes on sale in the next few days.
I’ve had the Diamond2 for less than 24 hours so far and I have to say that I like what I see. I’m happy that the back is now flat rather than angular like the original Diamond and despite the larger screen, larger battery and the inclusion of the MicroSD card socket HTC have managed to keep the overall size and weight down so that it’s not much bigger or heavier than the Diamond and still retains the slim-appeal.
The HTC Touch Diamond2 vs Original Diamond
So take a look at the video below. It’s a little long but I take you on a tour around the hardware and then have a look at some of the software changes and the new TouchFlo 3D stuff.
HTC Touch Diamond2 Specification:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Qualcomm MSM7200A, 528 MHz CPU
- RAM – 288 MB
- ROM – 512 MB
- 3.2-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 X 800 WVGA resolution
- HSDPA/WCDMA: Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g
- HTC ExtUSB (11-pin mini-USB 2.0 and audio jack in one)
- Internal GPS antenna
- microSD memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- FM Radio, G-Sensor
- Main camera: 5.0 megapixel colour camera with auto focus
- Second camera: VGA CMOS colour camera
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery 1100 mAh
- 107.85 X 53.1 X 13.7 mm (4.25 X 2.09 X 0.54 inches)
- 117.5 grams (4.15 ounces) with battery
Please feel free to send me any questions or photo requests and I’ll do my best to answer them. I’ll have more photos and videos online soon and expect to get my hands on the retail version over the next few days.
More photos can be found HERE.
EDIT: Our extensive HTC Touch Diamond2 review is now live!
Posted by: Matt