With its 5.0 inch display, the Z30 is bigger than the Z10 and the screen technology has been changed to Super AMOLED. The advantage here is that AMOLED typically use less power than their LCD counterparts and this coupled with the 2880mAh battery should give the Z30 a healthy endurance.
The Z30 is all touchscreen and comes with the latest iteration of BB10, running 10.2. Not a huge difference here but there are some updated and new features that we’ll cover in more detail in our review.
When we first heard rumours of a new BlackBerry 10 device codenamed Aristo, it was said to be the “most powerful BlackBerry ever”. We now know that phone as the Z30 and inside we find a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU clocked at 1.7GHz, 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB on board storage.
Here we have an initial unboxing and demo video of the BlackBerry Z30 where I take a look at the hardware and some of the OS features.
We must also say thanks to Unlocked-Mobiles.com for supplying the loan unit.
BlackBerry Z30 specification:
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 / 800
- 4G Network : LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
- Dimensions: 140.7 x 72 x 9.4 mm (5.54 x 2.83 x 0.37 in)
- Weight: 170g
- Display: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 720 x 1280 pixels, 5.0 inches, multitouch
- 3.5mm jack
- Memory Card: microSD, up to 64 GB
- Internal Memory: 16 GB storage, 2 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, LE
- microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go
- Primary Camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, face detection, image stabilization, 1080p@30fps, video stabilization
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP, 720p@30fps
- OS: BlackBerry 10.2 OS
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8960T Pro Snapdragon
- CPU: Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- HDMI port
- Battery: Li-Ion 2880 mAh non-removable batter