Not many people have their hands on a BlackBerry Bold 9900 yet but we are lucky enough to now have one, we may in fact be the firs in the UK to have one in out possession. RIM’s new flagship device is due to launch worldwide in the very near future although the date is not certain as yet.
The 9900 is Research in Monitions first ‘Bold’ device to sport a capacitive touch screen and with it also being powered by a 1.2GHz processor (not the 1GHz I stupidly say in the video) this thing is a real beast. Running BlackBerry 7, the 9900 is the first of 7 BlackBerry smartphones to launch this year running this version of the OS.
With the 9900 being bigger than the last two Bolds it makes typing on its glorious keyboard even better.
We will have a full review coming soon but in the meantime you can check out our hands on video below:
BlackBerry Bold 9900 Specification:
- 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approximately 130g
- 2.8" capacitive touch screen display – VGA (640×480), 287 dpi resolution
- Ultra-easy QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- NFC technology
- 5.0 MP camera, supports 720p HD video recording
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi® – 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
- Wireless Network support:
- 9930:Dual-BandCDMA/EV-DORev.A,Dual-BandHSPA+,Quad-Band GSM/EDGE
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
- BlackBerry 7 OS
Posted by: James