Barclays look to be paving the way as the first high street bank to introduce an audio feature to cash machines. Obviously, this does not shout your available balance for everyone to hear, instead a customer can plug in an earphone to listen to the instructions that are appearing on-screen. A helping hand for those who wish to make use of the convenience. A long over due first step to helping those who have long been without assistance.
- Digital Eagles – Giving practical advice in Barclays Branches around the UK, to help build the knowledge and confidence when using technology
- Online Guides – Easy to understand online guides on a wide range of computer topics including setting up email accounts and using online and mobile banking, amongst many others!
- Accessibility Developments – Covers Talking ATMs, personalised debit cards, contactless payments
Locate your nearest machine with their online branch locator.
- Visit the branch locator on the website.
- Enter your town or postcode.
- Under ‘Where’s my nearest…?’ select ‘Barclays cash machine’.
- Tick the box marked ‘Internal cash machine with audio’ or ‘External cash machine with audio’ (or both) and hit ‘Search’.
Non-Barclays customers can also use the audio cash machines, found at branches across England and Wales and at selected Asda supermarkets.
Tell your friends and family that this technology is available, Barclays are providing over 7000 “Digital Eagles” to help with any concerns and making it easier for anyone, visually impaired, or perhaps suffering from dyslexia or learning disabilities to use cash machines and online banking .