Square Enix has released the next instalment for their Final Fantasy franchise called Final Fantasy IV: The After Years onto Google Play. As the name suggests, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years takes place 17 years after the original Final Fantasy IV game. Many of the original cast members of Final Fantasy IV make a return in this game as well as a lot of the NPCs from the SNES version become playable characters.
The After Years Features:
- Ten Playable Tales: Begin your journey with “Ceodore’s Tale.” Complete it to unlock the tales of six additional characters, which can be played in any order, and then return to the core story with “Kain’s Tale,” “The Lunarian’s Tale,” and “The Crystals.” A total of ten tales in all, and all contained in FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS.
- Active Time Battle: Take control of exhilarating combat made possible by the non-stop action in Square Enix’s iconic battle system.
- Lunar Phases: Feel the moon’s presence in combat, as its waxing and waning influences the potency of attacks and abilities of all combatants. Lunar phases cycle naturally with the passage of in-game time, or when resting at an inn, tent, or cottage.
- Band Abilities: Combine the strength of your party members to awesome effect with Band abilities that can be unlocked through in-game events or by leveling your characters’ Affinity.
- Minimap: Keep an eye on your current location and nearby surroundings, or tap for quick access to the world map.
- Google Play Game Support: Step up to meet all-new challenges offered by dozens of achievements.
The After Years is available from Google Play for £10.99
Sonic Dash is a game that features what the blue hedgehog does best and that is running. The goal is to see how far you can run without dying and there is plenty along the way that is there to stop you from getting all that far. This includes things like traps and other hazards as well as enemies and boss fights.
Sonic Dash Features:
- Utilise Sonic’s powers to dodge hazards, jump over barriers and speed around loop de loops. Plus defeat enemies using Sonic’s devastating homing attack!
- Sonic’s beautifully detailed world comes to life on mobile and tablet – never has an endless runner looked so good!
- Choose to play as one of Sonic’s friends, including Tails, Shadow and Knuckles.
- For a limited time only face off against one of the nastiest and most evil enemies ever – Zazz from Sonic Lost World. As one of the most dangerous members of the devastating Deadly Six, you must use all of Sonic’s agility and abilities to rise against Zazz and take him down before it’s too late!
- Unlock, win or buy ingenious power-ups to help you run further. Including head starts, shields, ring magnets and unique score boosters!
- Get more rewards the more you play! Level up your score multiplier by completing unique missions, or win amazing prizes including Red Star Rings & additional characters by completing Daily Challenges and playing the Daily Spin.
- Challenge your friends on the leader boards or invite your friends through Facebook to prove who the best speed runner is
Sonic Dash is available from Google Play for free..
Rock Runner is a side-scrolling action platformer where you’ll need to jump, swing, and jump you way through over 140 different stages. However the way the stages are set up, each one has their own hazards and challenges to overcome. Along the way you’ll also be trying to collect as many gems as you possibly can. These are used to unlock additional upgrades as well as new playable characters as well.
Rock Runners Features:
- Fast paced, arcade platforming at its best.
- Jump, swing, and run through over 140 levels spread through four unique worlds.
- Every level has its own set of challenges to get all the stars.
- Futuristic space-miner theme.
- Intuitive one-touch controls.
Rock Runners is available for download off of Google Play for free
The goal of Boson X is simple, run for as long as you can. The problem is you have to run from plank to plank and while this may not e overly challenging itself, what does make this difficult is the fact that the planks are all around you inside the tube you’re running in. That means you have 360 degree of planks to worry about running on. If you think Sky Roads meets S.T.U.N Runner then you have a great nostalgic mind.
Boson X can be downloaded off of Google Play for £1.49
What’s on sale?
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted by EA on sale for £1.22
- Skylanders Battleground by Activision on sale for £1.84
- Shadowrun Returns by Harebrained Schemes on sale for £4.32
- HEAVY Sword by Monster Robot Studios on sale for £0.61
- Drisk by Electrowolff Games on sale for £0.58
- Contre Jour by Chillingo on sale for £0.61
- The Bard’s Tale by inXile Entertainment on sale for £0.61
- Choplifter HD by inXile Entertainment on sale for £0.61
- Prince of Persia: Shadow & Flame by Ubisoft on sale for £0.61
- Spirits by Space of Play on sale for £0.73
- Fight Fight Zombanite! by MojoBox Games on sale for £0.69
- God of Blades by White Whale Games on sale for £0.61
- Naught 2 by Blue Shadow Games on sale for £0.74
- Crazy Taxi by Sega on sale for £1.49
- Total War Battles by Sega on sale for £0.69
- Sonic Jump by Sega on sale for £0.69