Samsung Wave 2 hits UK stores
Samsung Mobile today announces the UK arrival of its new flagship Bada based smartphone, the Wave II (GT-S8530). Featuring a 5 megapixel autofocus camera with flash, the new handset benefits from improved social networking integration via Samsung's Social Hub which means people can sync their phonebook with their social network, Instant Messenger and email accounts.
The Samsung Wave II features a 3.7" Super Clear LCD display which not only offers stunning brightness and improved visibility when outside, it's also ideal for people who want to use their phone to look at videos and photos or to play games. Running on Samsung's latest OS Bada 1.2, the new handset also comes with front facing HD video capture and playback which supports multiple platforms for easy viewing of different movie file types.
This combined with its social network integration means it's never been easier for people to share their photos and video content with their friends and family. And at a super-slim 11.8mm, the Samsung Wave II is the perfect size for them to edit their photos and videos in the palm of their hand.
In addition, Samsung is offering a free entertainment package for anyone buying the new Wave II handset until 31st March 2011. Designed for gamers and app-lovers, the bundle includes five of the most recognisable and highest ranking apps in the paid for charts from Gameloft and EA Games, which are available from Samsung Apps. The bundle includes; Need for Speed: Shift; FIFA 10; Monopoly; Tetris and Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles.
Simon Stanford, Managing Director, Mobile, Samsung UK and Ireland said: "Following the phenomenal success of our first high-end Wave handset last year, we wanted to take the smartphone experience we offer our customers a step further. With our Social Hub, it's now even easier for people to share content such as photos and videos with their social networks. And they'll also benefit from the growing popularity of our App store via the new gaming bundle we are offering."
Full specs after the break:
- HSDPA 3.6Mbps 900/2100
- EDGE 850/900/1800/1900
- 3.7" WVGA (480x800) 16M Super Clear LCD
- Anti-scratch, Anti-smudge, Anti-reflective
- 5.0 Megapixel AF camera with LED Flash
- Image Editor, Face Detection, Smile Shot, Mosaic Shot, Panorama Shot
- 1GHz (Cortex A8, Humming Bird)
- HD (1280 x 720 @ 30fps) video playing & recording (5.1ch, mDNIe support)
- DivX, XviD, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, Real, MKV, ASF, Video editor
- Music Player with SoundAlive EQ, Music Recognition, Music Match
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Recording
- Open Smartphone Platform 'bada'
- Multi-touch zoom, QuickType by t9 Trace
- Samsung Apps (*Availability of Samsung Apps differs by country)
- Integrated Contacts, Integrated Calendar, Widget, Unified Inbox
- Social Hub Premium: SNS push notification, Push Email & Push IM
- Social Hub Basic: POP3/IMAP Email & IM
(* Availability of Social Hub differs by country and mobile operator)
- TouchWiz 3.0
- Dolfin Browser 2.0 (HTML 5.0 partially supported)
- A-GPS, Social Mapping (Geo-tagging), On/Off Board Navigation (3D Map)
- SMS, MMS, IM, Email, Video Messaging, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Accelerator Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Digital Compass
- Smart Search, Smart Unlock, Multi-task Manager
- Bluetooth technology v 3.0
- USB 2.0 (Full -Speed)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 2GB + microSD (up to 32GB)
- 123.9 x 59.8 x 11.8 mm, 135g
- 1,500 mAh
We should have the Samsung Wave 2 this week so watch out for the unboxing video.
Posted by: James