Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 unboxing video
Many of you will know that I am currently sunning myself with the family in Orlando, Florida. I decided to bring my HTC Evo 3D with me as I thought that pictures and video of us all enjoying the attractions would be fun. However, as good as the Evo is, when you take those 3D photos and try to either print them or convert them to 2D for review on a PC or a Mac they are a bit lacking, mainly because the photos are not captured at the full 5 megapixels that the cameras are capable of but instead uses only 2 megapixels. You may well ask why there are two 5mp sensors then but that's a topic for another time!
So enjoying the idea of the 3D photos and video I decided to see what other options there were out there and stumbled across the Fujifilm Finepix W3 digital camera. This one seemed to tick all the boxes, has dual 10 megapixel sensors and takes full 10 mp 3D photos as well as taking 720P 3D movies. Furthermore the W3 has a 3.5" 3D LCD screen and 3x optical zoom. The price isn't too bad either so I ordered one for delivery here and decided to unbox from the comfort of my hotel.
Below you'll find a short unboxing video and I'll have a full review for you once I get back from my travels.
Fujifilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 specification:
- Number of effective pixels: 10.0 megapixels
- CCD sensor: 1/2.3-inch CCD x2
- Storage media: Internal memory (Approx. 34MB), SD memory card, SDHC memory card
- File formats:
3D Still image: MPO+JPEG, MPO (Multi Picture Format compatible)
2D Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3)
3D Movie: 3D-AVI (Stereo AVI format with 2 image channels)
2D Movie: AVI format (Motion JPEG with stereo sound)
- Lens: Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens, F3.7(Wide) - F4.2(Telephoto)
- focal length: f=6.3 - 18.9mm, equivalent to 35 - 105 mm on a 35mm camera
- Aperture Wide: F3.7 - F8.0, Telephoto: F4.2 - F9.0
- Focus distance: Approx. 60cm / 2ft. to infinity
- Recommended shooting distance for 3D:
Wide : Approx. 1.3m to infinity / 4.3ft. to infinity
Telephoto : Approx. 3.7m to infinity / 12.1ft. to infinity
Wide : Approx. 48cm - 70cm / 1.6ft. -2.3 ft.
Telephoto : Approx 1.4m - 2.2m / 4.6ft. -7.2ft.
- Shutter speed: Night : 1/8sec. - 1/500sec.
- LCD monitor: 3.5-inch, Approx. 1,150,000 dots color LCD monitor with Lenticular type, Approx. 100% coverage
- Movie recording: 1280 x 720 (24 frames/sec.) / 640 x 480 pixels (30 frames/sec.) /
320 x 240 pixels (30 frames/sec.) with stereo sound
- HD output: HDMI 1.4-3D compliant, HDMI mini-terminal
- Video output: NTSC/PAL selectable
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 High-Speed
- Power supply: NP-50 Li-ion battery (included)
Posted by: Matt