Sony Xperia Go unboxing video
Yet another Android smartphone hitting the market with the Xperia name on it, this time the Xperia Go. This one is a little different though with a stand-out feature of being IP67 rated which makes it waterproof and good for up to 30 minutes submerged in 1m of water.
In terms of the rest of the spec it's something of a mixed bag in my opinion. The 1GHz dual-core CPU and 512MB RAM keep things humming along at a reasonable clip but then we look to the screen and find a rather limiting QVGA (320x480) display the likes of which we haven't seen in smartphones of this ilk in some time.
Then there's the matter of the OS that the Xperia Go is shipping with. Presumably in a bid to get the handset to market on time, Sony have decided to ship the Go with Android 2.3 Gingerbread with the promise of an update to 4.0 'soon'. This may put potential punters off, especially considering the track record of the X10 and X10 mini OS updates.
As always, you can check out the unboxing and demo video below and we'll be back soon with a full review.
Sony Xperia Go specification:
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network: HSDPA 900 / 2100 - ST27i
- HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - ST27a
- Dimensions: 111 x 60.3 x 9.8 mm
- Weight: 110 g
- Display: LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours, 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- IP67 certified - dust and water proof (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- 3.5mm jack
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 32 GB
- Internal: 8 GB storage (4 GB user available), 512 MB RAM
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth: v3.0 with A2DP, EDR
- USB: microUSB v2.0, USB On-the-go support
- Camera: 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, 720p@30fps, continuous autofocus, video light, video stabilizer
- OS: Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), planned upgrade to v4.0
- Chipset: NovaThor U8500
- CPU: Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9
- GPU: Mali-400
- Radio: Stereo FM radio with RDS
- GPS: with A-GPS support
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-Ion 1305 mAh
Posted by: Matt