Samsung ATIV S Unboxing Video
The last of the 'first' batch of Windows Phone 8 has finally arrived. The Samsung ATIV S was delayed several times, but was it too late once the likes of Nokia and HTC had already released a couple of new Windows Phones each?
The ATIV S is a big phone, with a 4.8 inch screen, but due to its thickness and weight it doesn't feel huge which impressed me. Its Super AMOLED touchscreen is quite beautiful and protected by Gorilla Glass you can at least hope a drop won't damage the display.
Under the hood is a 1.5GHz dual-core processor which is more than enough to ensure the ATIV S is nippy. With the improvements in WP8, over WP7, the Samsung ATIV S looks to be a nice alternative to the other Windows devices on the market. Its build quality doesn't feel as good, but as the Android market has proven - that doesn't really mean anything.
- Dimensions - 137.2 x 70.5 x 8.7 mm (5.40 x 2.78 x 0.34 in)
- Weight - 135g (4.76 oz)
- Displayv-vSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 3.5mm headset jack
- microSD, up to 32 GB
- Internal storage - 16/32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
- microUSB v2.0
- Camera - 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Video - 1080p@30fps, check quality
- Front camera - 1.9 MP
- OS - Microsoft Windows Phone 8
- Chipset - Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon
- CPU - Dual-core Krait 1.5 GHz
- Battery - Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery
Thanks to Clove for the review unit.
Posted by: James