Samsung and Teletext get it on
Samsung Electronics Co. UK Ltd, the UK's number one TV brand with the most awarded TV range1, today announces Teletext Holidays as the latest partner for its Smart TV App store, Samsung Apps. The agreement between Samsung and Teletext Holidays will inspire Samsung Smart TV users' travel choices as they browse for holidays and access destination guides and videos from the comfort of their living room.
The Teletext Holidays Video App, which is available to download now from Samsung Apps today, gives consumers a glimpse of what the future of choosing holidays will look like. Viewers interested in a destination they have seen on a holiday programme, will be able to switch straight to the Teletext App on the biggest and brightest screen in the house and Samsung Smart TV will showcase Teletext Holidays' broad range of holiday search options.
The App will not only allow travellers to check-out great value holiday packages by destination whilst relaxing on the sofa; but it will also enable them to get a flavour of the local surroundings with a range of quality destination videos and guides. For consumers who are undecided on what destination to choose, the 'Teletext Holidays TV' section recommends new and exciting destinations through video content.
Victoria Sanders, Teletext Holidays managing director, said: "Searching for holidays on the television is what our brand is famous for so the partnership with Samsung Smart TV is an exciting new direction for us. This is a first for the travel industry and I believe it has the potential to transform the holiday search process. We've invested in creating an App which is simple, inspiring and practical to use. The joy for customers is being able to browse through available holidays, then see hotel images and destination video guides all from the comfort of their sofa."
Guy Kinnell, Marketing Director for TV, Samsung UK comments: "Our new partnership with Teletext Holidays is the latest in our commitment to delivering unique experiences to our consumers whilst maintaining Samsung's core values of industry leading premium picture quality and revolutionary product design. Samsung Smart TVs will really bring to life Teletext Holidays' destinations through an easy to use Smart hub, and great picture quality, making the process of choosing holidays even more enjoyable."
Teletext Holidays joins a whole host of Apps available to download on Samsung Smart TVs, including BBC iPlayer, LOVEFiLM , YouTube and many more. 'Samsung Apps' is the first and biggest App store available for TVs, with over five million Apps already downloaded worldwide, proof that consumers are rapidly embracing the Smart TV format. Samsung also recently announced it has sold over two million units globally.
Samsung Smart TVs have a Smart Hub that opens up content from specially designed Apps, the internet and other access points directly from the TV. The Smart TV also acts as the entertainment hub for the home as it connects wirelessly to other devices such as smartphones, laptops or tablets so users can show photos or stream music on the big screen.
The following Samsung Smart TVs are now available in retailers across the UK:
· D8000 - 3D LED Smart TV - The ultimate Smart entertainment showpiece with Samsung's most premium One Design, Smart TV features including 2nd TV capabilities, and flagship true-to-life LED picture quality
· D7000 - 3D LED Smart TV - Features Samsung's full range of premium Smart TV features with industry beating One Design, picture quality, and ease of use
· D6500 - 3D LED Smart TV - An ideal all purpose Smart TV including Skype HD and web surfing capabilities
· D6100 - 3D LED Smart TV - entry 3D LED Smart TV with social TV capabilities
· D5520 - LED TV Smart TV - entry LED Smart TV with Samsung apps and video on demand capabilities
· D8000 - 3D plasma Smart TV - Stylish Plasma TV with flagship plasma picture quality and premium Smart TV features and Samsung's new +1 screen size concept
· D6900 - 3D plasma Smart TV - Solid all-round Plasma performer with advanced Smart TV options, 3D video processing technology and stunning +1 screen size design
Those without a Smart TV will be able to upgrade their viewing experience to a smart one with Samsung's Smart Blu-ray players as they too offer access to the Smart Hub.
Models - BD-D5300, BD-D5500, BD-D6500, BD-D6900, BD-D7000, BD-D7500, BD-D8200, BD-8500 & BD-D8900
Posted by: James