Nikon D3100 unboxing video
Not so long ago digital SLR cameras cost upward of a thousand pounds and were really only the domain of professionals and serious amateurs. More recently the DSLR market has opened up somewhat with entry level models costing hundreds rather than thousands of pounds.
Just the other day blog.IAMNikon.com sent us the new Nikon D3100. Aimed at those wishing to advance from the digital compact 'point-and-shoot' camera to something with more control. It packs some features that would be typically found on your average compact that make the transition a little easier. There's a live view mode with full AF and a guide mode with on-screen help and prompts.
The D3100 even features HD video recording!
Below you'll see my unboxing video of the D3100 and the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm lens in a kit. I'm much more used to Canon DSLR's so please forgive my lack of familiarity with the Nikon. It hasn't taken me long to get in to it though!
Nikon D3100 primary specification:
- Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens mount: Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
- Effective pixels: 14.2 million
- Image sensor: 23.1 x 15.4 mm CMOS sensor
- Image size (pixels): 4,608 x 3,072 [L], 3,456 x 2,304 [M], 2,304 x 1,536 [S]
- File format: 1) NEF(RAW), 2)JPEG, 3)NEF(RAW)+JPEG
SD (Secure Digital) memory cards *1, SDHC- and SDXC-compliant
- Frame advance rate: Up to 3 fps
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 to 3200 in steps of 1 EV; Can also be set to approx. 1 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 6400 equivalent) or to approx. 2 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 12800 equivalent); auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Movie: Frame size (pixels) and frame rate: 1,920 x 1,080; 24 p - 1,280 x 720; 30 p - 1,280 x 720; 25 p - 1,280 x 720; 24 p - 640 x 424; 24 p
Maximum Recording Time:10 min.
- File format/Video compression: MOV, H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Cording
- Audio recording device; Supported:monaural recording with built-in microphone.
- LCD monitor: 3-in., approx. 230 k-dot TFT LCD with brightness adjustment
- Power source: Battery; One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL14 battery
AC adapter(optional);EH-5a AC adapter; requires EP-5 power connector
- Dimensions (approx.) (W x H x D): 124 X 96 X 74.5mm
- Weight (approx.): 455g without battery, memory card, or body cap, 505g;with battery and memory card but without body cap
- Major supplied accessories: EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion battery, MH-24 battery charger, AN-DC3 camera strap, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM, Ferrite Core (2 types)
Posted by: Matt