Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Paperwhite Available Today
Looking for a new reading device? The new Kindle's offer pretty good value for money if you ask me.
- All-New Kindle Fire HD offers a stunning customised HD display with the fastest Wi-Fi, exclusive Dolby audio with two stereo speakers, high-performance processor and graphics engine for the most immersive HD experience available on a lightweight, portable 7" tablet, at a breakthrough price-only £159
- Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi + 3G are our most advanced e-readers ever built - featuring higher resolution, 62% more pixels, 25% higher contrast, patented built-in front light, 8 weeks of battery life and a slim and sleek design - from only £109
- Kindle Fire-the #1 bestselling product on Amazon.com for the past year-now available in the UK with a 20% faster processor and twice the memory of the original Kindle Fire, at a breakthrough price-only £129
You can read the full press release below:
Amazon.co.uk today announced that Kindle Fire HD, already the bestselling product worldwide for Amazon, and the all-new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite 3G, our most advanced e-readers ever built, are available to Amazon.co.uk customers today. The all-new Kindle Fire HD features a stunning customised high-definition display, exclusive Dolby audio with dual stereo speakers, HD-ready Wi-Fi with dual-band support and dual antennas, 16 GB or 32 GB storage for HD content, and the latest generation processor and graphics engine to power the first ever end-to-end HD tablet. Kindle Fire HD is available at a breakthrough price of just £159.
Kindle Paperwhite is our most advanced e-reader ever built with 62% more pixels and 25% higher contrast, a patented built-in front light for reading in all lighting conditions, uncompromised battery life of up to eight weeks, and a thin and light design. Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi + 3G is the top-of the-line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Paperwhite, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G wireless. Customers can learn more about the all-new Kindle family at www.amazon.co.uk/kindlefamily.
"Kindle Fire HD is our most advanced 7" tablet and is already the bestselling product for Amazon worldwide. Kindle Paperwhite is the e-reader we always wanted to build and pre-orders have exceeded all expectations," said Jorrit Van der Meulen, VP Kindle, Amazon EU. "We're excited that Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD are available to customers in the UK today."
Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD orders are fulfilled in the order they were received. Customers can purchase the all-new Kindle family at www.amazon.co.uk/kindlefamily and from UK retailers including Carphone Warehouse, Comet, Currys, John Lewis, PC World, Rymans, Staples, Tesco and Waterstones.
Steve Monaghan, Waterstones eCommerce and IT Director, said, "Waterstones is the home of reading on the high street, so it is apt and exciting that we are now able to sell the digital reader's device of choice, Kindle. Where better to buy the latest Kindle than somewhere you can be surrounded by inspiration, both in print and from our booksellers - who are happy to advise and discuss books in all their myriad forms."
"We are excited to offer our customers the opportunity to touch, test and buy the all-new Kindle family from Tesco stores nationwide, as well as online at Tesco Direct" said Tesco Electricals Director Ian Ditcham. "Kindle was a must-have product for many Tesco customers last Christmas and with the new, expanded range now available at great prices, we think they'll be appearing on many Christmas lists this year too."
Adam Brown, buyer for Tablets and Telecoms at John Lewis said, "There are a plethora of new tablets launching into the market, but the thing that makes the Kindle Fire HD stand out for me is the sheer amount of content that it offers. With a choice of over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps and games all packaged in a beautifully designed and easy to use tablet, the Kindle Fire HD comes at a great price with a two year guarantee included at no extra cost from John Lewis."
Mark Slater, Category Director for Computing at Currys and PC World, comments: "We're expecting tablets to be hugely popular this Christmas and Amazon's Kindle Fire products should prove no exception. The Kindle Fire HD, in particular, mixes stunning visuals with ultra-convenient multi-touch technology, making it a fantastic option for our busy, on-the-go customers. We're pleased to be expanding the Kindle selection within our leading tablets and e-reader range."
Kindle Fire HD is our most advanced 7" tablet:
- Stunning customised HD display with in-plane switching, Advanced True Wide polarising filter and customised laminated touch sensor for 25% less glare with rich colour and deep contrast from any viewing angle.
- Fastest Wi-Fi of any tablet-dual antenna, dual-band, and MIMO
- High-performance processor and graphics engine for snappy and smooth performance.
- Dual stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus audio-the standard in high-end audio-available for the first time on a tablet.
- Kindle Fire HD starts with 16 GB of local storage, enough to accommodate the larger file sizes of HD content.
- Exceptional battery life-over 11 hours.
- Front-facing HD camera with customised Skype application for video calling from anywhere in the world.
- Amazon's vast content ecosystem-over 22 million movies, TV shows, songs, apps, games, books and magazines.
- The most popular games including Jetpack Joyride, Bad Piggies, Rayman Jungle Run, plus apps from TuneIn Radio, Rightmove and Skyscanner.
- Best cross-platform interoperability, with Amazon apps available on the largest number of devices and platforms so customers can access content anytime, anywhere.
- Amazon.co.uk top-rated, world-class customer service.
Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD customers will also enjoy a free month of LOVEFiLM and of Amazon Prime, which offers unlimited free One-Day Delivery and access to over 200,000 popular books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, which launches soon. Books can be read on any Kindle device at no additional cost and without any due dates.
Kindle Paperwhite comes with new hand-tuned fonts tailored to the high-resolution Paperwhite display; an all-new user interface; the new Time to Read feature that helps readers know the amount of time it will take them to finish a chapter or book, X-Ray to explore the "Bones of a Book," plus all the features customers love about reading on Kindle, including Whispersync, worry-free cloud storage, a massive selection of millions of books including over 200,000 exclusive books, and the lowest prices. Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi + 3G offers the same new design and features as Kindle Paperwhite with the added convenience of free 3G. Kindle's free 3G connection means customers never have to hunt for or pay for a Wi-Fi hotspot - simply download and read books anytime, anywhere in over 80 countries around the world. Amazon pays for the 3G connection so there are no monthly fees or annual contracts.
Posted by: James