Free CoPilot GPS app for iPhone gets an update
ALK Technologies, leading developer of mobile navigation applications, is pleased to announce a major update to its free CoPilot GPS mapping and planning app for Apple's iPhone and iPad. Also perfect for the new iPad Mini with GPS!
The latest update (v9.3) optimised for iPhone 5 and iOS 6 brings updated offline maps, and new and improved navigation features for the popular free version of CoPilot, which has been downloaded by two million users since it was launched in the summer 2012.
New in v9.3 are:
- Optimised for iPhone5 - full screen navigation on the iPhone5's new taller screen
- Free map update - the latest NAVTEQ street maps, including the addition of the Hindhead tunnel, the M74 extension in Glasgow and the second Tyne Tunnel
- Google search - CoPilot's Local Search is now powered by Google
- Apple maps integration - navigate with CoPilot from Apple Maps
- New info display - including Current Road
- Themes - four new free colour schemes are available to personalise your CoPilot
- Drive for a cause - a paid-for pink theme in support of Breast Cancer Awareness (all proceeds go to charity)
- Numerous user interface enhancements
CoPilot GPS is the free edition of the award-winning CoPilot navigation range. It includes powerful trip planning and offline maps. Turn by turn navigation is available via in-app purchase.
CoPilot GPS v9.3 for iPhone and iPad is available now as a free download from the iTunes store.
Posted by: James