A little more evidence to suggest a Padfone 2 is on the way
The Padfone does feel like it got a full release over here in the UK and save for a few online retailers you probably wouldn't realise it was released at all. In an effort to "keep up with the Joneses" Asus have refreshed their combination device with some exciting specs, if the above pic is of an actual product and isn't fake. The picture is supposedly of the packaging of the device and lists the specs. Here is what is listed on the box,
- Quad-core Qualcomm APQ8064 Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz
- 2 GB of RAM
- 13 MP rear-facing camera with Auto-Focus, LED Flash, Zero Shutter Lag, and FullHD recording.
- The phone's display is listed as a 4.7-inch Super IPS+ HD with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution and the icon below the list shows "SuperAMOLED."
- 1.2 MP front-facing camera
- 2,140 mAh Li-Ion battery
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0, GPS and A-GPS
The main reason why it's possible that it is fake might be obvious to you. As you can see above, the box lists two completely different display technologies. This doesn't quite add up, but it could also be a misprint or a non-finalized version of the box. If it does turn out to be true, the next Padfone could be a significant improvement over the original.
It is also believe we will see more of the device on the 16th of October at events in Taipei, Taiwan and Milano, Italy.
Posted by: Gareth